New Membership Dues Policy
EPAA consulted with multiple associations throughout Texas to establish best practices for invoicing and past due invoices. We made a special effort to speak to every association that uses the same Association Management System (NOVI). We have some members that pay promptly and we appreaciate that. EPAA pays monthly dues to the Texas Apartment Association and the National Apartment Association. The amount we pay is based on our membership count and that is also the reason you automatically become members of TAA and NAA when you join a local association.
Effective immediately the following policies are in place:
- Invoices will be the standardized invoice produced by our system
- Itemized invoices will consist of the list of your properties and unit count for each property. This feature is already available to you in the Member Compass
- Members with a 60-day past due invoice greater than $100 will not be able to register for events, purchase forms or conduct any financial transaction via invoice. Members may still pay by cash, credit or ACH. When the member resolves the deliquent invoice, the invoice feature will be available for future transactions.
- Members with a 90-day deliquent invoice will have their account deactivated, and access to Bluemoon Forms disabled
- Members receive their invoices 90-days in advance and your invoices are available 24/7 in your Member Compass
- Staff will resend the invoice when the account reaches 30-days past due
- Staff will send a paper invoice to the billing address on file at 60-days past due and follow-up with a phone call
- At 90-days past due, a staff member will follow-up with a second call prior to deactivating the account
This is the same policy and timelines utilized by all of the biggest associations in TAA including the associations that have a dedicated accounting department. EPAA has a small staff and we spend far too much time attempting to collect past due invoices. Our staff members can better serve the membership by organizing more educational classes, networking events, hosting candidate forums and a host of other things.
Please contact me directly if you have questions or comments.
El Paso Apartment Association