The Association was organized in the summer of 1974 and officially recognized as a member of the Texas Apartment Association on July 11, 1974.
Our Mission and Goals
The El Paso Apartment Association believes that a quality rental housing market is a key factor for the continued economic development of El Paso. EPAA provides its members with the tools and resources to deliver quality rental housing through our 4 main pillars: Advocacy, Education, Networking, Resources. We serve the community and our members in the following ways:
- Advocating at the local, state and federal level for policies that benefit our industry and actively opposing legislation harmful to our members
- Conducting forums where members can interact with elected officials at all levels of government
- Serving as a liaison with the local utilities to make members aware of all the cost saving opportunities and multifamily initiatives administered by El Paso Electric, El Paso Water and Texas Gas Service
- Maintaining close ties with Fort Bliss to assist members in navigating the laws granting additional rights to members of the military with lease terminations
- Providing educational opportunities for our members to receive nationally recognized industry credentials
- Teaching basic business skills training for smaller companies in areas such as accounting, marketing, social media, legal updates, income tax preparation, eviction proceedings and human resources.
- Hosting events that connect suppliers and property owners / managers
- Offering a variety of resources such as standardized leasing forms, electronic leases, updates on industry trends and new technology
At A Glance
- 341 members
- 228 apartment complexes
- Approximately 47,000 units
- We pay tens of millions of dollars in city taxes annually